Another sweet treat you really do not want to miss out on!
I have just finished facilitating the third day of the Raw Cuisine Module of the Vegan Chef Training. This also is a stand alone module so once people have finished the foundation course they are welcome to come and attend the raw cuisine course too and what a treat you will be in for. We have made sensational food over the last three days with another day to go.
One of the extension recipes is so good and it definitely has been a while between drinks (or should I say between raw treats), that’s for sure. I wasn’t able to teach this module last year so I haven’t made this treat for 19 months and I can’t believe I had forgotten how deadly (that means ‘awesome’ in the NT where I grew up) it really is. It’s so good that I feel the world needs to have access to the recipe.
Raw Sniggers Bar
1 cup Medjool dates
¼ cup maple syrup
4 tbsp peanut butter (can use almond butter if you like)
½ tsp salt
1½ tsp vanilla paste –or seeds of 1 vanilla pod
1 cup activated walnuts or almonds (you can use peanuts but I didn’t have any)
1 cup cocoa butter melted
½ cup raw cacao powder
¼ cup maple syrup
- Make the caramel by placing everything in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Mix the chocolate layer ingredients together in a bowl.
- Line a 20x12cm tin or Pyrex with baking paper. Pour ½ of the chocolate mixture in the tin and then put in the freezer to set a little bit.
- Keep the other half of the chocolate mixture in a bowl set over a saucepan of heated water to keep it a liquid consistency.
- When the chocolate in the tin is set, add ½ of the caramel mixture, put the nuts on top and then cover the nuts with the rest of the caramel and pour on the remaining chocolate. Set in the freezer for an hour.
- Try not to eat the whole bar in one sitting, it is super rich.
# If you make this recipe please share on facebook or instagram to #veetsvegancookingschool
There are 3 delicious sweet treats in the online course along with loads of wonderful savoury recipes, sprouting, making fermented cheese, spice blends from scratch and so much more. So if you have the FOMO because you live too far from me, know that you don’t need to miss out as you can do it all with me online.
Vegan Foundation Course
6 more vegan foundation courses will be run this year from my very lovely home in Mullumbimby and then who knows where I will be. Yes, for those who don’t know, this will be our last year in this lovely rental home as we really want to live in a home where we can grow our own fruit and vegetables. Come along and learn with me in the kitchen where I started all of these courses and trainings 6 years ago.
June and July courses are brilliant as the fresh produce is so abundant and full of variety in the winter months here in Northern NSW. I would love to cook with you in the kitchen.
Nutrition and Cooking Sessions
The cooking and nutrition private sessions are going really well and I have a discounted price until the 30th of June. Book in an hour’s session with me and we tailor it around what you would like to learn.
You can also come for longer than an hour or bring a friend along to learn with you.
- $220 per hour face to face ($50 extra per friend you bring along –i.e. 2 people will cost $135 each)
- $190 per hour online (you can bring a friend along with no additional price if they are in the same room as you)
Discounted price if booked before 30th June
- $150 per hour face to face ($50 extra per friend you bring along i.e. 2 people will cost $100
- $129 per hour online (you can bring a friend along with no additional price if they are in the same room as you)
Contact Veet to book in a Private Session
Have a wonderful week everyone.
Tags:peanuts Walnuts dates chocolate